Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Really nice this morning, with a low of 56F. and a high of 76F. Light rain this afternoon, as a cool front moves through. I got all of the rondells out of the kiln this morning and installed them in Arleens' door panel. Another one fractured during soldering. I removed it, and fired three more. I think that the dichroic glass is contaminated with a non-compatible C.O.E. glass. I put the rondells in, and shut down the studio early, in order to take a ride over to Port Charlott, to the Wolf Gunworks, where Sherry is taking a Conceal Carry / Firearm Safety Class. While she took the class, I went over to Tim Millers "Glass Station" and watched him and Rich blow glass fish. He was gaffing for Rich, who was blowing. It was quite an experience. I watched them for over two and a half hours. Very educational. I really have an great appreciation for blowing glass now. They offered to let me blow, but I begged-off, as I did not want to get in the way. I don't want to actually become a blower / hot glass artist, but I do need to know the mechanics of the process.

Earlier in the day, Tom the Cabinet Maker came by with a finished frame for approval. Very nicely done! He will stain this one, and finish another one made from paintot grade Poplar. They will both be completed tomorrow, at which time I will go over to his shop and install the glass and the backing. We really think that this is going to be the next thing, and are very excited about this latest product. We can't wait to see the finished product hanging in the display.

Tomorrow will be busy, as Thursdays always are. I have to pick up the truck in LaBelle, load it, and finish Arleens door panel, as well as get two panels installed in Tom the Cabinet Makers frames. Busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment