Monday, March 1, 2010

Honey Bell Blossom!
It turned off to be a very nice day today with highs in the low 70'sF. Tonight lows in the mid to upper 40'sF. Tomorrow, rain. Today I finished up all of the Fisheating Creek reinforcement and added an additional 3/4" along the bottom of the panel. Tomorrow I solder, and cross my fingers that I hit is all right. The American Goldfinch are getting into breeding plumage. They are beautiful! Paineted buntings all around. It feels like spring. The pole beans have germinated and are coming on strong. I volk oiled the citrus. I really had to, as I am seeing blooms beginning on the Honeybell. I noticed this while I did my pruning. Because I cannot oil spray while blooms are on the trees, (this will kill the bees), I must spray before the blooms come in. With the rain coming in, I had to cover this tree. Sherry was shopping all day in Ft. Myers. When she got home we loaded in the grocery's and I switched out the water filter. I also patched the roof on the Scamp, watered the citrus, and switched out the Blue Dogs food (her other, "New" food, upset her stomach). Finally, I bagged up all of the Murcott oranges we got this weekend over on Joel Blvd. We walked some veggies down to Jeff the Bird Man at days end, came home to dinner, and now, clean up and off to bed.
We received several commissions today. Linda S approved the Transom. Katz approved the C66 and Susan L ordered a C66 20X50 (she will visit tomorrow to select colors).
The worst however, came at the end of the day when P.Swartz sent requests for information, on the ongoing USPS claim. I have come to be more than a little disappointed in the performance of the USPS. I have file /refiled / appealed/ re-appealed. I have called our post mistress, the claim center all to no avail.. I am so fed up that I can't stand the thought of yet another letter of explanation. I will never again ship with the USPS. They can not even get the claims process correct. They continue to loss everything sent. I feel at times as if they are not operating in good faith just to dodge the payout. Infuriating.


The worst of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment