Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wow! What a day. Lows last night in the upper 60'sF. Afternoon highs in the mid to upper 70's. A brisk breeze at 15 to 20 K is coming in off of the Gulf. 30% chance of rain this afternoon and into tomorrow.

I got up at 5AM and drove in town to find a place to park. I found one, about a block away from our booth. Sherry caught a cab in, and was on-site by 9:30AM. She also got up early, in order to pack up the camper, as we are delivering it to the new Owner tomorrow morning. (Actually, "delivery" is not that accurate. The new owner (Dorothy S), is coming in from Alberta Canada to have a look and take possession of the paper work. Once we do the "once over", I deliver the camper to the Sabel Palm camp ground and put it into storage). The Old Girl has been a great camper to us over these last couple of years, and she will be greatly missed, but we have to get something with a shower. And so, out with the old, and in with the new.

Well, the show was not all that much, and I doubt that we will soon be back to Siesta Key. To top off a really bad show, during pack-up and load-out, an old guy two booths down from us ran over our tent poles. I had moved a bunch of our equipment out of the way so that he could pass. He was in a rush, pulled out prematurely and ran over the bag. I stopped him, and he said that it was my fault for not picking up the bag! Just goes to prove the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished". When I tried to stop the old fella', he shouted out the window "...tough s...t". How is that for trying to do the right thing. I got his tag, and some folks who witnessed the episode came forward with information and agreed to testify to his actions. We notified the police, and tomorrow I aim to get hold of the promoter and report the incident, and confirm the perpetrator of the crime. We will see where this takes us. In either case, I am certain that I will see this fellow again, as he (and his wife) are out on the circuit.

In either case, we packed up and were gone by 7PM, collected everything at the Turtle Beach and headed home. Once in Palmdale we spent some time do last minute cleanup of the Old Girl, and headed off to the out door shower.

This week is going to be the big push! I'd better get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment