Friday, April 23, 2010









After our morning walk down the beach, we headed back to the camp to check the status of the Scamp. It sold. We packed up and headed back to the beach. I got this shot of this Willet, a beautiful bird. I already have this one, but I did not have a Brown Booby. Lucky for me, I got one at Noon. One came through on a school of some sort of fish. I was able to follow it for some time, and confirm that it was not a Gannett, or a Masked Booby. I am thrilled that I go two birds on my life list today. That is a difficult thing to do!




We headed back to the camp at about 4PM, got cleaned up and headed over to the Turtle Beach Pub for dinner. Sherry got the Bay Scallops while I had a Grouper Sandwich. We brought along our own Old Bay seasoning. The Grouper was not nearly as good as The Wreck on Islamorada, and I do not think we will go there again.

As the restaurant is just across the street from the Camp we stopped on our way back to the beach so Sherry could get a glass of wine, and we could pick up the chairs. Down to the beach to watch the sun set. The Blue Dog and Sherry had a time playing in the sand. Bluedog always acts the fool whenever we go to the beach, running and playing as if she were nine months, instead of nine years old. They had great fun, and I enjoyed watching them. In life, you only get one good woman, and one good dog. I am fortunate that I got both at the same time. Lord knows, I have had some horrible dogs.

It was a stunningly beautiful sunset, much enjoyed after a full day of doing nothing but looking at birds. Tomorrow, the last show in Florida for the Season. Let's hope it is a good one.




No comments:

Post a Comment