Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another early start this morning, 6AM. Lows last night were in the mid to lower 60'sF. Highs today were in the upper 80'sF. I went to work on the second Wright Transom in earth tones. That complete, I helped Sherry with some finish work on her commissions. We have two clients coming today for pick up. It will be a busy day.

But before she got started on glass, Sherry squeezes a couple bags of oranges, and a basket full of grapefruit. As I have been writing all season, our grapefruit tree is throwing a huge crop of fruit this year. As the tree is an alternate bearer (it produces every other year), when it sets fruit, it really sets fruit. Speaking of which. Some of my other citrus is trying to blossom. Buddha's hand is setting fruit. The Honey Bell Tangelo's & Pineapple Orange are starting to blossom. The Velencia's have already blossomed and set fruit. Now they are dropping their flowers. The air is magic with orange blossom perfume. I anxiously await the blossoms on the CaraCara (blood navel), Murcott Tangelo, Sangielli (blood orange), Ruby Red Grapefruit, and the Robinson Tangerine. The juice Sherry squeezed is wonderful.

Ethan came by this morning. We reviewed what he was going to be expected to do once we leave for Maryland. We reviewed the lists of tasks, the schedule and methods. He will return again next week, and we will do a dry run.

Sherry's client arrived at 2PM. Susan loved the work that Sherry did. We wrapped her up and loaded the parcel in her car. A really nice sale!

I went to work on a wooden crate for my client, who showed up at 3PM. They liked the crate, and decided to let us handle the shipping, which we will next week. Again, a nice sale. It is a thrill to make a living in our backyard. I love it when the customers come to us. How very nice.

Sherry finished up her work, and retired to the house to prepare the evening meal of black beans and rice with pork roast. Very nicely done! I stayed on a bit, and continued work on Sharon P's commissions.

I finally mailed off Blaine's white Sunglasses. I included a letter with this photo of me. Additionally, I included a pair of the round sunglasses, with a note that stated, "...when worn, this is what the world looks like...". I hope he gets the joke.

After dinner we took our evening walk around town where we talked to JR's wife, Jeffery of Endangered Species, Adam with Glades Electric, and Josh (Carlton's son). Josh talked to me about trapping raccoons in a new box trap he has recently acquired. He said that he has a bobcat in his yard at least once a week, and has hopes of catching it. However, he continues to catch house cats, 'coons, and various other critters. You can't walk around town without stopping to visit at least two people, mostly more. Palmdale is a great place to live, as far as I am concerned.

Tomorrow, back to work on Sharon P's transoms, pack for Santa Fe, ready the RV, tag & bag the inventory we completed this week and generally close out the week. I love Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment