Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Up at 7am this morning, and continued work on the Dooley Project. Beautiful day today. Highs in the mid to upper 80's with a nice breeze out of the east. Lows last night in the high 60's. The weather has really turned. Mother Nature is jumping out of her skin! Everything, everywhere is blooming. The air is thick with pollen. It does not bother me, and so I do not mind the trees doing the work that must be done during this time of year. "To everything, there is a season". How so.

I completed foiling at around 3AM. Milton Long came by to visit (Milton was in a pretty bad horse accident a while back. We went to visit him in Hospital up in Seabring. He was broken up pretty bad, and needed his hip replaced as a result of the fall, and getting mashed by his steed). He seems none the worst for wear, and is bound and determined to get back on the horse. For the life of me, I can not determine whose head is harder, Miltons' or the Horses'!

I went back straight away to soldering the panel. I no sooner had the first one soldered when I got a call from Mr.D. I thought that this was going to be another one of those "...I am leaving and I want the thing yesterday..." deals. Quite the contrary. Mr. D. instructed me to not rush the project. He indicated that he and Mrs. D. would be coming back to town next week, and they would be happy to collect the panels than. Additionally, Mr.D. stated that the window replacement had not gone well, and the new units had leaked badly during the Sunday deluge, therefore, they were in the throws of having this disaster corrected. He was wonderfully optimistic and up beat about the whole thing. I don't think that I have ever met two kinder or gentler people in my life. I imagine that, if I were fortunate enough to ever get to heaven, Mr. & Mrs. D would be official Greeters at The Gate. I believe they would be a calming influence, certainly. A pity all of my clients are not just exactly like The "D's".

Tomorrow I will complete the last panel (this will put the Banana Hombre off for a week), and get started on the Tortoise Shell #9 (which turned out to be perfect, if that is possible). Following which, I must move forward with Saus.

Life is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment