Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not much reporting to do this evening. I started very early this morning, 3AM. It was a beautiful morning on Siesta Key, with a morning low temperature in the mid to upper 60'sF. By afternoon temperatures reached a high in the mid to upper 80'sF. After I got everything set up and ready to go, I returned to Turtle Beach Camp
Grounds to collect Sherry and The Blue Dog. Sherry was going to ride her bike out to the show this morning, as someone had told her that it was only 2 miles, give or take. I clocked it this morning, as it seemed to me to be more "take" than "give". It turned out to be over 4.7 miles. This would have made for a very bad morning for Sherry. So when she called at 8:30AM I dropped everything, jumped in the truck and out to Turtle Beach I went. We got back in plenty of time before the show opened, so I dropped Sherry and The Bluedog off, and parked the truck (3/4 of a mile away, as all of the spaces were taken).

The show was not so hot. We did not even make a sale until well after noon. The only thing that saved us was the Sharon P. commission. Aside from that, we made only a dozen sales (all small). I do not think that we will do this again next year. Better to spend the time readying the house and studio for the off season, and concentrating on inventory. It just seemed as if there was no money walking around. Better than half of all condo's were shuttered shut, and there were no "high rollers" in the crowd. Oh well. It seems as if the two best years for any show are the year before I started doing it, and the year after I stopped doing it. Go figure.

We finally got back to the Camp at 6PM, walked across the street to the Turtle Beach Restaurant (not the pub) and got the special for two ($40) which included two entrees house salad, rolls, a vegetable, and a bottle of wine. I got the surf & turf (with water) and Sherry got the stuffed Gulf Shrimp (with wine). After the meal I asked for a doggie bag for The Bluedog, and a Wino Bag for Sherry. I do not believe that she found this all that funny.


Maybe tomorrow some serious "Be-Backs" will return and gather up some good art glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment