Monday, April 5, 2010

Beautiful day to day. Highs in the upper 70'sF. Lows last night in the upper 60'sF. A nice breeze and a great day to work outside on glass! Sherry took off to the big city this morning. She traveled over to Punta Gorda to file all of the paper work on her conceal carry licence, than on to Ft.Myers to get some shopping done.

I stayed in studio and worked on glass. First a Preliminary Design and Cost Budget Estimate letter to Sharon P on her Transoms, followed by a phone call. (NOTE: Sharon called back at noon and approved the panels and cost estimate). After the letter was crafted, I started on a chinchilla "Number 9" , which I finished and signed. Right about this time, Ethan Prevatt came around with his sister Kiley, to discuss a Mothers Day gift. We decided on a Leaf Man in VanGogh glass. They left, and Tom the Cabinet Maker came over, and discussed the frames we had ordered.
Sherry got home at around 4PM. We unloaded the car, and went back to work in Studio. I on four Wright Transoms, and Sherry on completing her Conner Commission.

I ended the day with some silver-stain on the 1.5" X 6" clear bevel boarder and 1.5"sq. dicro. bevels. I am cooking them in the kiln at 1100F. I hope they will add a little zip to the Wright Transom in Amber color. Tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment