Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beautiful day today. Woke up to temperatures in the mid 60'sF. Highs today hit the mid-80'sF. Brisk winds out of the east blew the tent off of the deck. Oh well. No worries. I did complete the Dooley Commission panels. They turned out beautiful. I think that they will like them.

I completed the foil process on the "Number 9" in Amber Silver Stain with Gold Dichroic Glue Chip. I had a call in to Terri S. on the "Starz", and worked on the 9 until Terri called in. After I got the information I needed, I started in earnest on this commission. What I did not do was take any pics. of the panel in progress. Tomorrow....

At about 5PM a water conditioner salesman came by and spent about 30 mins+ here, touting his wares. We need one...bad. However, this is not a good time, seeing that we are about to leave soon. This year (since Jan.1) I have switched out a total of $200.00 in filters, or about $70.00/month. That is big bucks. At that rate, I could have a system paid for in four years. We worry after our appliances, and air conditioning system. Maybe next year.

The other big news today was the purchase of our new Forest River Work & Play RV. We have been looking for one of these for the past two years. We have found them before, but the deal was not just right, so we have been waiting. This unit is in Columbus, Ohio. We received a "out-the-door" bid proposal from the Dealer "Rock's Trailer Sales" yesterday, accepted it and sent our deposit. Today we priced out our options and placed our order for the add-on's. We will close the deal within the next two weeks. Rocks will hold the unit until the second week in May. Once we get home (April 28/29), I will unload the truck, turn around and drive over to Ohio to make the pick-up. I have to get back by Tuesday/Wednesday to turn around on Friday and drive over to Portsmouth, Va. for the Gosport Art Festival. At least that is the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment