Friday, December 11, 2009


Tragic event this morning. Everything I did yesterday on the Merrick Commission is lost! I laid-out all of my glass on my light table when I shut down the studio last evening. Last night a box of 3" X 3" bevels fell off of the shelf and shattered everything, the glass and the light table! Two days of work, gone. I was all set to begin painting, and had really worked myself into the right mind-set. When I got word from Sherry this morning, it was quite a let down. I salvaged what I could (glass wise), and started in on a piece for inventory. I think I will call this new piece "Blue Moon". It is a painted white egret, with the blue moon being a fired commercial dichroic disk. I got all of the cutting and grinding done. I will paint and fire the egret while we are in Maryland.

We walked back to the east side of town again, and collected a large basket of Ball, Mason & Kerr jars. We are soaking them in a large container in the yard. When we return we will clean and store them. Hopefully, we will have a large crop of beans to fill them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment