Wednesday, December 9, 2009



Sherry worked the day away on Lynn's commission. The commission consists of a 27.5"X27.5" panel with antique depression era glass and jewelery. I continued work on Nan Marricks' Fisheating Creek Egrets, repaired the motion light, and fired some industrial dicrohic. Tom the cabinet maker stopped by around 2pm with 7 Big Boy Tomato plants. After Tom left, Evelyn came by with some homemade Guava Jelly. We rewarded her with a tomato plant! I mailed Mrs. Elizabeth Folken's Nautilus Shell in a Blue & Clear Baroque surround. Mrs. Folken is 93, and her granddaughter (who lives in Scotland) purchased it for her. We packaged it and sent along a kind note in her granddaughters stead. Mrs. Folken is a very sweet lady we first met in Mt. Gretna Pa. She is a real sweetheart, with tons of loving children and grandchildren. We wish her all the best this Holiday Season, and look forward to seeing her again next August in Pa.!

Sherry continued on with her project, while I collect some calamondin fruit for mixing my paints. This tart little orange (about the size of a quarter) is extremely acidic. I use the juice when I am laying down other paints mixed with either lavender oil or white vinegar. The calamondin mixed paint with not bleed in the presents of the lavender oil paint. The mix of lavender oil and calamondin makes for some wonder scents when I am painting. Because of it's high acidity, I have used it as a flux when soldering. Our calamondin tree is quite large, and produces year round, year after year.



No comments:

Post a Comment