Sunday, December 20, 2009

Finally, the sun returns and we are covered in a blanket of new fallen snow! The birds are busy on the feeders, staving off the cold. It is 28F here this morning, but should warm to above freezing as the day progresses. I continue to paint and fire. The last of the leafs (front and back) are firing now, and will be finished by days end. I have contacted Stephen Byrne of Williams & Byrne Limited, Church Farm Studios, located in Shopshire England, with questions regarding how to achieve consistency in stain color during the silver staining process. Once I have a reply, I will begin the silver staining process. This should take four firings in the kiln to complete all the panel. I will attempt this on Monday, I think, as it is time to head over to Jess & Johns to stuff ham, and spend the day with The Grandkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment