Thursday, December 10, 2009



This is gonna have to be short this evening. I threw my back out, so I am going to get horizontal and put some heat on. Sherry finished her commission, and it really turned out nice. A really pretty piece of glass. We could not make it up to the west side of the creek today, so maybe tomorrow or Saturday. We did take a short walk through the scrub on the east side of town, and found a pretty good stash of Ball Jars! Really old, and have been there for a long time. We will return tomorrow and collect them for our "stash" of canning supplies. Ball jars / Atlas jars are always a good thing to have around, and a bonus find.

I spent most of the day working on the Merrick commission. I hope to complete most of the cutting / grinding / fitting by tomorrow night. I'll take the pieces that get painted, along with all of my painting supplies to Maryland, where I will spend all of my time painting and firing in the kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment