Friday, January 8, 2010




After cutting, grinding and fitting another Starry Night in Pink Ice, I moved all of my equipment into Sherry's Studio and packed for my trip to Dunedin. We did manage to get the Bees fed today, as well as getting some really good sunflower seed (shelled) out for the birds. The American Goldfinch and the Painted Bunting, as well as the Titmouse were all feeding heavily today. The Bees were going bersek over the sugar water we put out. It was a feeding frenzy! First at the feeder out by the road, and than in a small bowl of sugar water that I placed at my work station. The little girls really need it this time of year. It is amazing the numbers of wild bees we have in Palmdale. Every year we feed them when it gets cold. We had literally thousands around my work station. So many in fact, Sherry wondered if we might not be in the middle of a swarm I did not think so, given the time of year, but it certainly was a big mess of bees! At 3PM I departed for Dunedin. All of the groves I passed were in full harvest mode, with full tractor trailers lined along the highway. East of Arcadia I passed a tomato farm with acres and acres of burnt, brown tomato plants. Very Sad. Road side stands were opened along the road everywhere, trying to unload these frost damaged veggies. Tonight we will have cold rain here, but tomorrow they are talking about another big freeze. The ride into Dunedin was uneventful. I ate a big bowl of brown rice and chicken with peas that Sherry fixed me. I miss her greatly when she is not around. There is so much that she does that I never see, until I have to do it myself. I have to remember to tell her just how thankful I am to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment