Monday, June 21, 2010







Sun and clouds mixed. Hot. High around 90F. Low 73F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Where to start? I seem now, to be always a day behind in my postings. Yesterday was a great day. Jess & John gave me an early morning "Fathers' Day" call, which was much appreciated. They are very kind and thoughtful kids, and I love them both dearly. We had some early morning interest, but not enough to keep me around for long. At 11AM I went back to the trailer, packed up, hooked up, and relocated to the "First Landing State Park", 5 miles north of town. This is a great park right on the mouth of the Chesapeake. I returned to the show, where Sherry had done a good deal of selling. We finished out the day with a very difficult load out. I had to carry everything a block and a half to get to the truck. This was very hard as I am old, I think. We finished up in three hours, went back to the camp and dropped off the Blue Dog. We went out to the HOT TUNA. Sherry had grilled tuna and I had shrimp fajitas. We picked up some ice cream on the way back in, and Blue and I enjoyed some vanilla before turning in for the night.

Blue and I were up at 5:30AM this morning for a walk on the beach. The dunes here are magnificent, with an abundance of bird life. Dove, quail, red-winged black birds, mockingbirds, and warblers abound. Along the shore are pelicans, terns, gulls, herons, cormorants, and sea ducks are everywhere. There is such a convergence of ecosystems here. It is really a beautiful place.

However, we will not dally long here, as we must move on to the Outer Banks for our next venue. We have laundry and other housekeeping chores to attend to today, as well as closing out the Boardwalk art show, and the two hour trip south. So, it is best that I get started. More pictures promised, as the camera is back in hand and charged up.


Finally, the top photo is the beginning of the second Pecan Point Heron. I can't wait to get back at this. It will be wonderful to get the brush back in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment