Monday, June 21, 2010

On our way out of the camp, I stopped by the Park Office to reserve a site for Thursday Night. I booked the site, and asked about their laundry facilities. They have a laundromat located next to the camp store. I got Sherry started on the laundry and went back to the office to ask if any sites were available today. They had a nice one, right on the dunes. Sherry and I talked, and decided that we would spend the day here, and head down to the Outer Banks tomorrow. I moved the camper around to the site and set up while Sherry loaded the laundry. After the camper was set, I went back and helped with the laundry. We drove down to the Bloom grocery and did some shopping and than back to finish up the laundry. After we had all of the laundry folded and put away, I started on close out of the Boardwalk show. After that we sat outside. Sherry reading her book, and me foiling a couple of projects I have hanging.

Sherry made a great dinner of
steaks on the grill, sausage and rice, and peas. It was a great meal. We ate inside, in the A/C as it was terrible hot outside. Afterwards we took off to town for some ice cream (vanilla for Blue, of course). We made it down to the beach for the sunset over Chesapeake Bay, which was magnificent.
The Blue Dog enjoyed her walk on the beach. She has had a great big day at First Landing State Park.

Tomorrow we head down to Corolla, North Carolina, to the Curituck Light House, The Whalehead Club. A beautiful drive is in store, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment