Tuesday, June 29, 2010


I woke to this Eastern King Bird catching cicadas in the front yard. It has cooled today. Temperatures reached only into the low 80'sF. lows tonight in the mid to upper 70'sF with a slight breeze out of the west.I finished cutting and grinding the blue heron this morning. I painted him up and stated the firing process. I will end up firing 4 times, minimum by the time I get to the silver stain.
Here is another shot of the King Bird. They are all over the cicadas. It is fun to watch them hunt!
While the heron was in the kiln, I began work on the next leather back turtle. I got the turtle cut out and got the grinding done. Here is the turtle with the silver stain drying.
The Kids are here again tonight. It is fun to have them. Killian helped me with the grass, running the mower and cutting the grass over at Art and Nancy's. The girls helped Sherry in her studio today, cutting chain and installing jump rings. Killian helped grind some crystals, until he got bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment