Friday, June 11, 2010

A gaggle of geese went up the bay this morning. Probably close to 50 total. Lots of gosling.


This big adult Bald Eagle was keeping a close watch.
Partly cloudy.Low 64F. High 84F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. It feels as if something is brewing weather wise. The wind has clocked around to the east this morning, and is blowing pretty strongly.
Yesterday afternoon, Sherry noticed a "widow maker" hanging from on of the Pecan Trees. I do not know if this very large branch was the result of a lighting strike, or if it snapped under the weight of a great wind. In either case, it was dangerously hanging from the tree. It took some time to "lasso" it with a long rope, and tie it back to another tree. This sounds simple, but it became quite a production, and took some real effort and time to properly secure the thing. Now when it does fall, it will fall away from the studio (and house) and safely land in the yard.

I completed 2008 yesterday, and started 2009. Sherry continues to work in her studio, producing glass inventory. I am dying to get back to my glass work. I want to start on another turtle, as I know this would sell during our upcoming trip.

Back at it.

Got everything done. Just a few little organizational things, and I am done. Done that is until Candy gives me my next set of tasks. Tomorrow, Bethesda. Monday, Candy and packing. Tuesday, ROAD TRIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment