Friday, February 5, 2010

Again with this new piece of glass! I can't help myself. After spending the better part of an hour polishing this panel, I hung it in the Kiln shed doorway, prior to loading it into its' crate. I could not help but to continue to look at it as I loaded up all the other glass we built this week. It is just a stunning panel! This is one of the few pieces that I really like.

After we got all loaded, we headed across the state to Hobe Sound. We went north of Lake Okeechobee and cut across SR441 to Indiantown, where we stopped at Bee Stephenotos's Diner. Wow! What a great Chicken Parmesan sandwich. Jimmy Langford told me about this place, and I sure am glad I stopped! Only $5.95, and I could but barely finish it. Great deal for a Great Meal.

We arrived in Hobe Sound to some good fortune. They were allowing a Friday set-up. This means that I don't have to get up at 2AM to get a parking place close to our space. We were able to set up our tent and all of our displays. Tomorrow morning at about 4AM I will drive over and complete the set-up. I found a parking area about a block from our space, so with luck, Sunday breakdown won't be that difficult. This looks like a very affluent area. The festival is set-up right down the middle of A1A, in a nice shopping district. There look to be about 200 vendors. We lucked out and got an end space, located next to a walk way. This means that we can "kick-out" into the walkway along the side, with ample room in the back for check out and wrapping.

It is raining now (7PM) just as predicted. We are supposed to get a pretty good soaking tonight, with clearing tomorrow morning. They are predicting 20" to 30" in Maryland tonight and tomorrow, with blizzard-like conditions. Thank goodness we are not up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment